1. You live longer. Studies show that people in hospice care live longer than patients getting curative treatment for the same illness.
2. You feel better. The side effects of aggressive treatments for cure of life-limiting illnesses frequently make you feel sicker. By choosing to stop treatment and start hospice or palliative care, our patients feel better and gain quality time.
3. You regain control of your life. In hospice care you can socialize and focus on living. And by managing your symptoms, our care will keep you out of the hospital.
4. You don’t have to stay. If you get better, you can leave hospice care, no problem. And you can re-enter hospice whenever you need us – simple as that.
5. We share the care with family members. It’s difficult for family to be your full time caregivers – difficult for you and them. We manage and coordinate your care, which means that your loved ones get to be your family again.
You don’t need to be in the last days or weeks of life to qualify for hospice and palliative care. Our care is about living – living well in the time you have left. The sooner you call us the better you’ll live.
Receiving our care is easy. Just call us. You don’t have to wait for your MD. You, your family, or even a friend can refer you to us. We’ll work with your MD and be your advocate. And you or your family can call us 24-hours a day.
If you have a life-limiting illness with a prognosis of six-months or less and meet criteria for care, you can access hospice, and you and your family can immediately begin to reap the benefits.