We understand you are frightened and have questions.
We are here to share with you what we’ve learned in over 35 years as a hospice care leader.
Below you’ll find helpful resources related to the topics listed. Click on the titles for each to read more. If you don’t see what you are looking for, please call us at 800-882-1117.
- What can I expect if I attend a Coping With Loss Support Group?
- How long will my grief last?
- I am grieving. How do I get over it?
- My child has suffered the loss of a loved one; why isn’t she/he crying?
- Should I bring my child to the funeral?
- How does hospice help the hospice patient deal with loneliness?
- Will a feeding tube help a hospice patient?
- What are hospice patient transitions and cost of custodial care?
- What is digital estate planning?
- Do hospice patients live longer than those who do not choose hospice?
- Who chooses my hospice provider?
- What is IPAB and what does it have to do with Medicare?
- What is respite care and is it covered by Medicare?
- Can I leave hospice care?
- Why are patients forced to choose between a SNF or hospice care?
- The promise of POLST
- How does hospice help veterans?
- What are hospice specialists?
- What is the difference under Medicare between hospital admittance and a hospital stay for observation?
- What is the role of the hospice volunteer?
- Advance Directives and Living Wills
- Digital Copy of Five Wishes Workbook – printable
- How to Choose a Health Care Proxy
- Patient Safety
- Patient/Family Orientation Booklet for Hospice Care
- Community Resource Booklet – help in finding the services you may need during this time.