• The winning designs will be transformed into pendants and exclusively available in the KAQ Online Store. All proceeds will benefit the programs as services at Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice.
• Coloring has the ability to relax the fear center of your brain. It induces the same state as meditating by reducing the thoughts of a restless mind. This generates mindfulness and quietness, which allows your mind to get some rest.
• Coloring goes beyond being a fun activity for relaxation. It requires the two hemispheres of the brain to communicate. While logic helps us stay inside the lines, choosing colors generates a creative thought process.
• Coloring requires you to focus, but not so much that it’s stressful. It allows you to put everything else aside and live in the moment, generating focus.
- All entrants must be at least 13 years old.
- You may select one of the featured pictures to color, but can only submit one.
- Entrants may pick up an official entry form anytime between August 11 and September 15 at either: 99 Sparta Avenue, Newton, NJ; 200 Third Street, Milford, PA; 5 Plains Road, Augusta, NJ, or online at: LINK BELOW
- All completed entries must be received at: Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice, 99 Sparta Avenue, Newton, NJ 07860 by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 1.
- Each participant can submit a total of one entry.
- Designs must be colored with crayons, colored pencils, markers or any combination of mediums.
- The winning entries will be made into a pendant by Fran Lutz of BRH Inspired Designs and available for sale in the KAQ store. All proceeds will benefit the programs and services at Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice.
- Entries will be judged by hospice staff.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, coloring skill, and overall appeal. 10. The winners (4 – one for each design) will be contacted as soon as the judges reach a decision and will receive a FREE completed pendant necklace, a framed copy of their winning entry and a $25 Visa Gift Card.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation except where prohibited by law. For winners under 18, no identifying information other than his/her first name and age will be usedEntrant will not receive any monetary compensation from the sale of the finished design. All proceeds will benefit the programs and services at Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice. All submitted entries become the property of Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice. The size and dimensions of the image may not be altered in any way. The decision of the judges is final.